Polygon Cluster Sputtering System
The sputtering system model Polygon is a multi-chamber tool that can be manufactured in several configurations according to customer process and requirements. Cluster tool has been designed to handle wafers up to 8” (200 mm) diameter in a cassette-to-cassette configuration. The handling system will manage a round pallet 8” diameter to hold different substrate size. The vacuum transfer chamber is always kept under vacuum during normal operation and only the load lock chamber is vented for wafer loading and unloading. The substrate robot used in the transfer chamber is fully HV compatible and moves the wafers in anyone of the process chambers. The system is CE marked.
The main features of the model Polygon Cluster system for deposition of thin films by PVD are as follows:
- Ultimate pressure in deposition process chambers: 5x10-8 mbar (8x10-8 mbar for not isolated chambers)
- Ultimate pressure in transfer chamber: 5 x10-8 mbar
- Ultimate pressure in load lock chamber: 8 x10-7 mbar
- Ultimate pressure in etching chamber: 2 x10-7 mbar
- Automatic substrate handler in transfer chamber
- Gate valves between the transfer chamber, etching chamber and the load lock chamber
- Compatible with SEMI Standard cassette
- Maximum substrate holder temperature 400oC in process chambers.
- Process Chambers are provided with internal shields, easily removable to allow the cleaning.
- Cryo pumps for Load lock and transfer module
- Turbo pump for etching chamber
- One viewport in each chamber with manual shutter
- Interlocks and safety features to comply with existing regulations
- Wide frame for ease of accessibility and servicing of cluster system
- Separate cabinet for electrical distribution.
- Approximate overall size of system main frame: 2 m height x 2,6 m width x 2,6 m depth.
- Approximate overall size of the two system racks for instrumentation / electrical distribution and for the cryo-compressor are: 2 m height x 1.2 m width x 1,2 m depth and 2 m height x 0,8 m width x 0,8 m depth.
- The water cooled cathodes with rotating magnets are designed for high specific power and they are compatible for a high magnetic field.
For any further information about this product, for any technical information, custom upgrades or to request a quotation please Contact Us.